|magical beast (Scaled One)|
|Type||magical beast (Scaled One)|
|Location||The Astral Sea and Prime Material Plane|
|Languages||Common, Draconic, and Supernal|
Nagas are a race of intelligent snake-like creatures with widely differing abilities and alignments. They resemble giant snakes, some with humanoid heads and some with more snake-like heads, both of which have a certain amount of spell casting power. They have also been known to eat the flesh of humans, orcs, and other races. Nagas were created, along with yuan-ti, by the reptilian Creator Race, the sarrukh.
Nagas favor spells over other forms of combat. Because they are almost always found in places that they have guarded for many years and know well, they can usually arrange encounters to suit their wishes.
Nagas in the Forgotten Realms Edit
Nagas of every subspecies are found across the length and breadth of Faerûn. Most favor ancient ruins of long-fallen empires as lairs. Dark nagas are most common in the Serpent Hills and the Dalelands region,whereas guardian nagas favor lost ruins along the Sword Coast and the northern shore of the Shining Sea. Spirit nagas inhabit marshes in the lands around the Sea of Fallen Stars and mangrove swamps on the Chultan Peninsula. Large numbers of water nagas lair in the depths of the Nagaflow and the Nagawater.
Types of naga Edit
- Bone: - A unique type of undead naga.
- Banelar: - Lawful evil nagas that are named after their alliance with the priests of Bane.
- Bright: - These chaotic evil naga that can mock sorcerous spellcasting.
- Celestial: These good snakes are pure gold, and have a frill.
- Dark: - Lawful evil nagas who worship Sess'Innek.
- Guardian: - Lawful good nagas.
- Faerûnian Ha: - Colossal and powerful naga lord.
- Spirit: These evil creatures reek of death, and they are purple and black striped.
- Water: Neutral, animal-like water snakes
- Iridescent: Chaotic good, sun-reflecting naga.
- Hydra: Neutral, swimming naga's with multiple heads resembling a Hydra.