A cleric is a divine servant of one or more gods, serving them with martial might and divine magic fueled by their own strength of faith. As agents of a divine authority, clerics were empowered both by ritual training and their god's particular favor.
Expanded Domain Edit
For those of you who use domains from other D&D books in your Forgotten Realms campaign, below is a list of domains from other sources and the deities of the Forgotten Realms that would have those domains.
Prestige Domains as Regular Domains Several of the domains presented in this section originally appeared as "prestige domains" in Defenders of the Faith. They are presented here as standard domains for some of the deities who appear in this book. These domains--Community, Creation, Glory, and Madness--are not too powerful to serve as regular domains, while other prestige domains from Defenders of the Faith (particularly Beastmaster and Celerity) would not be appropriate to serve as regular domains.
Some of the domains from Oriental Adventures (such as Grave and Metal) are variants of domains presented in other books. These domains are usually the same spell list with the granted power and/or spells changed. Any deity that grants access to the original domain (such as Death in the case of Grave) can grant access to the variant domain.
Ancestor (Oriental Adventures): Dumathoin, Siamorphe, Uthgar. Artifice (Deities & Demigods): Baravar Cloakshadow, Dugmaren Brightmantle, Gond, Laduguer, Thoth. Celestial (Oriental Adventures): Jergal, Ubtao (lawful clerics only), Ulutiu (lawful clerics only), Uthgar (lawful clerics only) Community (Defenders of the Faith): Arvoreen, Berronar Truesilver, Callarduran Smoothhands, Cyrrollalee, Eldath, Gorm Gulthyn, Hathor, Isis, Lliira, Luthic, Yondalla. Creation (Defenders of the Faith): Baravar Cloakshadow, Chauntea, Corellon Larethian, Garl Glittergold, Isis, Laduguer, Moradin, Sheela Peryroyl, Yondalla. Divination (Defenders of the Faith): Angharradh, Dugmaren Brightmantle, Labelas Enoreth, Oghma, Savras, Sehanine Moonbow, Thoth. Force (Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil): Baravar Cloakshadow, Bahgtru, Garagos, Mystra, Set, Talos. Glory (Defenders of the Faith): Horus-Re, Lathander, Nobanion, Torm, Tyr.
- Hero (Oriental Adventures): Anhur, Arvoreen, Brandobaris, Corellon Larethian, Lathander, Nobanion, Shaundakul, Shevarash, Tempus, Torm, Tyr, Uthgar, Valkur.
- Liberation (Deities & Demigods): Erevan Ilesere, Labelas Enoreth, Lathander, Lliira, Sharess, Sharess, Urdlen, Vhaeraun.
- Madness (Defenders of the Faith): Bahgtru, Garagos, Ghaunadaur, Lolth, Urdlen.
- Meditation (Oriental Adventures web enhancement): Azuth, Deep Duerra, Eldath, Labelas Enoreth, Oghma, Savras, Sehanine Moonbow, Thoth, Ubtao, Urogalan.
- Nature (Oriental Adventures): Baervan Wildwanderer, Chauntea, Fenmarel Mestarine, Gwaeron Windstrom, Mielikki, Shiallia, Silvanus, Thard Harr, Uthgar.
- Pestilence (Defenders of the Faith): Talona, Yurtrus.
- Repose (Deities & Demigods): Jergal, Kelemvor, Nephthys, Osiris, Urogalan.
- Weather (Deities & Demigods): Aerdrie Faenya, Anhur, Auril, Isis, Istishia, Sheela Peryroyl, Talos, Umberlee, Valkur.
- Wood (Oriental Adventures): Baervan Wildwanderer, Chauntea, Eldath, Fenmarel Mestarine, Gwaeron Windstrom, Mielikki, Rillifane Rallathil, Sheela Peryroyl, Silvanus, Solonor Thelandira, Ubtao.